2019 AOASM & ARP Joint Clinical Conference
American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
Association of Ringside Physicians
Combined Annual Meetings - May 1-6 - Austin, Texas
Conference location: AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, The University of Texas. More information regarding the 2019 Joint AOASM & ARP Conference in Austin, Texas, is continuously being added to the website. Check back often for updates!
- Registration: The online Registration is open now, click here. Registration brochures will also be mailed to the current members. The full registration brochure pdf is now available here. For further questions, please email the AOASM National Office at email@example.com.
- Schedules: Please refer to this schedule for program details. The AOASM and ARP are excited to hold their first combined educational sessions this year, overlapping both the AOASM and ARP conferences. Joint sessions will be held beginning at 1:00 p.m. May 3 and will end at noon on May 4. Individuals registered for either conference can attend these joint sessions. Joint sessions are packed with excellent educational content sure to provide something for everyone!
AOASM will begin its educational sessions on April 29 - 30 with pre-conference workshops. The AOASM General Session begins on Wednesday, May 1, at 8:00 a.m. and ends at noon on Saturday, May 4.
ARP sessions begin at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, and continue through 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 5. To learn more about ARP, click here.
- Hotel Reservations: The discounted online hotel room block is now available for reservations through April on the “AOASM Accommodations & Hotel” tab of the website. Hotel guest rooms this year are at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center. AOASM works diligently to provide attendees with the most convenient hotels at a good value. AOASM contracts with the hotel to hold sleeping rooms for use by our attendees.
If AOASM does not meet the room block, it could incur penalty fees. Please help AOASM keep costs down by making your reservations through the AOASM hotel link located on the conference page!
- Pre-Conference Workshops: Three Pre-Conference Workshops will be offered this year at the AOASM Clinical Conference! Monday, April 29 (5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.) & Tuesday, April 30, 2019 (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- Case & Abstract Submissions: The Call for Case and Research Abstract submissions is now closed! The deadline to submit was March 10, 2019. More information is noted on the AOASM website under the “2019 Case & Research” Tab.
- Exhibit Hall: Back by popular demand, the AOASM will offer an Exhibit area at this year’s conference. An exhibitor prospectus is now available here. If you have further questions, please email Brooke Miller, AOASM Meeting Planner.
- Sponsors: AOASM truly values its Sponsors. Your support is genuinely appreciated! This year’s conference offers many opportunities for sponsorship and showcasing your company. If you are interested in sponsoring and showcasing your company at the 2019 Conference, please contact Susan Rees, AOASM Executive Director.
Conference Educational Credits
AOASM and ARP have requested that the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education approve this program up to 27.25 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME credits. Approval is currently pending. Register for continuing education credits by checking ALL of the applicable boxes on the registration form.
The American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc., to offer continuing education for certified athletic trainers. The AOASM and ARP program has been approved for up to 27.25 hours of continuing education credits.
Physical Therapy Credits
Continuing education (CE) requirements for physical therapists vary from state to state. Most states that mandate CE for renewal of licensure have a process in place where an individual PT/PTA licensee may petition directly to the State licensing agency for acceptance of a continuing education course. Check with your state licensing board for the proper procedures and forms.
Please see this page for full information regarding APA & AMA Credits. Please be sure to check the box on the registration form. More information will be emailed during the joint conference.
*Please note: You will receive a credit reporting form electronically during the joint AOASM and ARP conference. Attendees will be responsible for completing and returning this form according to directions provided on the form.